Monday, May 17, 2010

I chose Elegance Purple Majesty for my new plant to grow this year.


When i was shopping for flowers this spring i spotted this large plant with exquisite blooms. It was a mystery to me just what it was. But i knew i had to have two of them for our large pots in front of our porch. i discovered that the flowers were Elegance Purple Majesty Geranium. They like cool nights so they are doing very well so far. Does anyone else have this delightful Geranium in your collection of flowers this year?

8 comments:

  1. D ~ that is a stunning bloom! I can see why you wanted two of them! I've never seen this kind of geranium before...I think I'll look for one! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady D, They are so beautiful! I can see why they are called purple majesty. This flower reminds me of a ruffled purple dress.
    We have one tray of red geraniums left, but they don't have any blooms right now.
    Hope you are having a great day! Miss you : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady D,
    This is a beautiful unusual plant. I love the color too. I'm glad you found two of them for your front planters. Your picture is perfect. Thanks for sharing your garden of lovelies.
    :) The Bach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, It does look like a ruffle on a purple dress and ruffles are the trind this spring. I usually get lost in ruffles. LOL But you would look lovely. Thanks for visiting my blog Dear.

    Lady D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Bach. You are so kind to show me around this blogworld. I am surely blessed.

    Lady D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy I bought mine at Home Depot. Good Luck!

    Lady D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok..thanks! I'll look there.

    BTW, my clematis blooms look just like yours. I'm wondering if they are the same variety. I didn't keep the tag with the name so can't know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lady D ~ are you taking the summer off? I'm missing your blog entries!

    ReplyDelete